Table of Contents
- What Is Organic Mascara?
- What Are The Benefits of Organic Mascara?
- Harmful Chemicals Used in Regular Mascara
- Common Non-Toxic Mascara Ingredients
- Why Should You Choose Organic Mascara?
- Top 10 Best Organic Mascaras in 2023
- #1. Best Overall: Essence | Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
- #2. Best Formula: Poppy Austin Mascara
- #3. Best Moisturizing Formula: Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Nourishing Mascara
- #4. Best for Sensitive Eyes: Gaya Cosmetics Vegan Waterproof Black Mascara
- #5. Best Natural Formula: Pacifica Beauty Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mascara
- #6. Best Lightweight Mascara: ILIA – Limitless Lash Mascara
- #7. Best Voluminous Mascara: Organic Mascara by Endlessly Beautiful
- #8. Best Lengthening: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara
- #9. Best Dual Purpose Mascara: Fifth & Skin NATURLASH Natural Mascara
- #10. Premium Pick: Premium Organic Mascara by Naturally Rooted Store
- What Can I Use Instead of Mascara?
- What Are the Different Types of Mascara?
- What Is Organic Mascara Made Of?
- What Ingredients Should You Avoid in Mascara?
When it comes to beauty products, going organic is the key, especially if you want to enhance your eyes. That being said, it is not really difficult to find the best organic mascara in the market.
When choosing a mascara, you want to make sure it’s cruelty-free and made from natural ingredients. These products are non-toxic and safe to use.
Organic mascaras are made from plant-derived oils, waxes, and pigments. They are gluten-free, sulfate-free, and contain no GMOs. These natural mascaras are also a great option for sensitive skin.
There are many different brands of organic mascaras available in the market. So, it is important to make the right buying decision.
We have created a list of the top 10 best organic mascaras in 2023. You can compare them and choose the best one as per your requirement.
What Is Organic Mascara?
According to WiseGeek, organic mascara is a beauty product made from natural ingredients that help to define your eyelashes. It is made from natural ingredients that are safe for your eyes.
Choosing the best organic mascara that is both natural and organic can help you to protect your eyes from harmful toxins. It can also be a key step in creating beautiful, long lashes.
An organic formula doesn’t contain parabens or artificial colors, and it is free of any phthalates or silicones. There are many manufacturers that use natural ingredients to make their products.
You can find these mascaras at online stores, e-commerce sites as well as at conventional stores. However, make sure you check the label to be sure it is truly natural.
What Are The Benefits of Organic Mascara?
If you are looking for a product that will make your lashes look longer and fuller, then you need to consider natural or organic mascara. These products are completely free of harmful chemicals. They also contain natural ingredients, making them safe and gentle to use.
Many natural mascaras are vegan and ethically sourced. Some are even produced in eco-friendly tubes. Some natural ingredients are particularly beneficial for the eyes, such as argan oil. It helps fight free radicals and strengthens lashes.
According to Grove, natural mascara can help to condition and stimulate lash growth, which is ideal for those with sensitive eyes. In addition to its ability to condition your lashes, this type of makeup also creates definition. It is a great choice for contact lens wearers, as it is non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
If you want to know how to apply mascara like a pro, check out this amazing YouTube video. These tips and tricks will help you to enhance your lashes perfectly with mascara.
Harmful Chemicals Used in Regular Mascara
According to HealthShots, there are some dangerous chemicals used in regular mascaras. These ingredients are harmful to your eyes. So, make sure you check the list of ingredients when buying mascara and avoid the ones that are potentially harmful.
- Prime Yellow Carnauba Wax
- Carbon Black
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Aluminum Powder
Common Non-Toxic Mascara Ingredients
If you’re considering buying non-toxic mascara, you’re in the right place. You’re about to learn the ingredients you should look for. These ingredients are all natural and safe for you to use on your eyelashes.
- Organic Oils and Butter
- Vitamin E
- Essential Oils
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Green Tea
- Organic Beeswax
Why Should You Choose Organic Mascara?
When it comes to picking out the right mascara for your skin, there are many reasons to choose an organic product. Organic beauty products are made from ingredients that are healthy for the skin and for the environment while also being safe and gentle for those with sensitive skin. If you aren’t sure why you should choose organic mascara, check out these benefits of choosing organic mascara.
- No Harsh Chemicals
According to Green People, choosing the best organic mascara is a great way to protect your eyes. Many conventional mascaras contain toxic chemicals that are harmful to your health. But many brands are now switching to organic products that you can enjoy without any harsh chemicals.
Organic mascara is a great way to save on plastic waste. Many brands offer reusable packaging and refillable bottles. You’ll find that most mascara brands have an environmental focus. Most of them are carbon neutral, and some donate to environmental non-profits.
developed for the safety of users. They are made from natural, organic ingredients and can be a great option for sensitive eyes.
- Natural Fragrances
A natural fragrance is one that is free of synthetic ingredients. Organic mascaras contain natural fragrances. Using them will not only make your makeup safer, but it will also help prevent lung irritation, hormonal disruption, and possible carcinogens.
Top 10 Best Organic Mascaras in 2023
If you’re looking for a mascara that will leave your eyelashes long and defined, look for one that uses only natural ingredients. These products are free of harmful chemicals and toxins, such as parabens. Here is the list of the top 10 best organic mascaras in 2023.
#1. Best Overall: Essence | Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
- Not Tested On Animals
- Built-In Brush
- Long Lasting
- Vegan formula
- It smears, especially in hot weather.
#2. Best Formula: Poppy Austin Mascara
- 100% organic
- Lash strengthening mascara
- Flake-resistant & smudge-proof
- Nourishing formula
- Gentle on sensitive eyes
- Contain natural ingredients
- Offers thickening and lengthening
- Lasts for 24 hours
- Waterproof formula
- Easy to apply
- Vegan formula
- Mediocre brush quality
- Can be difficult to remove
#3. Best Moisturizing Formula: Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Nourishing Mascara
- Classic black mascara
- Enriched with nourishing ingredients
- Strengthens and conditions your lashes
- Lengthening mascara
- Made from 100% natural ingredients
- Naturally moisturizes your lashes
- Easy-to-use applicator
- Gentle for delicate eyes
- Long-lasting definition
- Safe for contact lens wearers
- Not tested on animals
- Flakes slightly
- Can be a bit dry
#4. Best for Sensitive Eyes: Gaya Cosmetics Vegan Waterproof Black Mascara
- Luxury vegan mascara
- Professional curved wand
- Lengthen lashes with no clumps
- Lengthening mascara
- Long-lasting and easy to use
- Made from natural ingredients
- Ophthalmological tested
- Gentle formula for sensitive eyes
- Suitable for contact lenses
- Gives a full boost to lashes
- Smudge-proof silicone brush
- Provides a natural eye look
- Can be hard to remove
- Only water-resistant
#5. Best Natural Formula: Pacifica Beauty Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mascara
- Infused with natural ingredients
- Lengthening formula
- Comes with a super plush vegan brush
- Deep intensity color
- Formulated without chemicals
- Not tested on animals
- Provides a natural lash effect
- Lengthens strengthens and adds volume
- Infused with coconut oil and vitamin B
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Safe to use
- Doesn’t contain silicones, sulfates, and paraben
- Smudges under eye
- Takes a long time to dry
#6. Best Lightweight Mascara: ILIA – Limitless Lash Mascara
- Clean mascara formula
- Buildable and flake-free
- Lightweight and nourishing
- 99% natural-derived
- Safe for sensitive eyes
- Organic and cruelty-free
- Smudge-proof and easy to apply
- Comes with a dual-sided brush
- Keeps lashes lifted throughout the day
- Easy to remove
- Condition each lash
- Smells bad
- Need multiple coats
#7. Best Voluminous Mascara: Organic Mascara by Endlessly Beautiful
- Fuller and longer lashes
- All natural mascara
- Adds volume to your lashes
- Stays on all-day
- Paraben free
- Good for contact wearers
- No clumps, flakes, or smudges
- Best mascara for thickening and lengthening
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Long-lasting formula
- 100% cruelty-free
- Easy to apply and remove
- Only 85% of organic
#8. Best Lengthening: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara
- Naturally, boost your lashes
- Add moisture and volume
- Made with clean, nourishing ingredients
- Packed with antioxidants
- Cruelty-free and ethically-sourced
- Fade-proof length
- Infused with luscious oil
- Comes with a lush lengthening eye wand
- Coats each lash without clumps or flakes
- No clumping, flaking, and smudging
- Vegan formula
- Perfect water-resistant cover
- Might sting your eyes
#9. Best Dual Purpose Mascara: Fifth & Skin NATURLASH Natural Mascara
- Best natural mascara
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive skin
- 100% natural and non-toxic
- Long-lasting results
- Silky smooth application
- Lengthening mascara for longer lashes
- Great for sensitive eyes
- Can be used as liquid eyeliner
- Thicker than most products
#10. Premium Pick: Premium Organic Mascara by Naturally Rooted Store
- 85% organic mascara
- No harmful chemicals
- Great for sensitive eyes
- Bold and beautiful lashes
- Enriched with natural ingredients
- Paraben-free and gluten-free
- Made in the USA
- Nourishes your lashes
- Water-resistant formula
- The bristles are short
What Can I Use Instead of Mascara?
If you are tired of your current mascara, or you don’t have the time to apply it every day, there are other alternatives to help you get longer, thicker, and more gorgeous lashes. According to The List, vaseline is a great alternative to mascara. You can also use coconut oil or olive oil.
What Are the Different Types of Mascara?
According to West More Beauty, there are many different types of mascara on the market. You must choose the right formula to achieve the best results. Here is the list of different types of mascara: lash-lengthening mascara, volumizing mascara, waterproof & smudge-proof mascara, curling mascara, non-clumping mascara, and lash-defining mascara.
What Is Organic Mascara Made Of?
Organic mascara is made from all-natural ingredients, avoiding chemicals. These mascaras are made of sunflower oil, beeswax, carnauba wax, jojoba oil, shea butter, avocado oil, etc.
What Ingredients Should You Avoid in Mascara?
Oftentimes, the ingredients in mascara can be hazardous to health. You need to avoid ingredients like formaldehyde, propylene glycol, aluminum powder, coal tar dyes, retinyl acetate, fragrance, etc.
Organic beauty products are the latest trend. If you want to keep your skin and eyelashes healthy, it is best to choose organic mascaras. These products don’t contain sulfates, parabens, or harsh chemicals which can cause damage to the eyelids. This is especially important if you wear contact lenses. Natural mascara is also ideal for people with sensitive eyes. In addition, it can be applied easily without causing any lash fallout. In this guide, we have reviewed the top 10 best organic mascaras in 2023. You can choose any of these mascaras to keep your eyelashes well-defined without compromising on health and safety.