Table of Contents
- Best Organic Diapers
- Best Organic Shampoo for Kids
- What Makes Toothpaste Natural/Organic?
- Is Organic Toothpaste as Effective as Conventional Toothpaste?
- What Do Organic Ingredients Offer?
- Ingredients to Avoid and Their Effects
- Why Choose Organic Toothpaste?
- Types of Organic Toothpastes
- 10 Best Organic Toothpastes
- #1 Cali White Activated Charcoal and Coconut Organic Toothpaste
- #2 Hello Oral Care Charcoal Toothpaste
- #3 Burt’s Bees Natural Flavor Toothpaste
- #4 Dr. Sheffield’s Certified Natural Extra-Whitening Toothpaste
- #5 Dr. Bronner’s All-in-One Toothpaste
- #6 Essential Oxygen Certified Organic Toothpaste
- #7 David’s Natural Whitening Toothpaste
- #8 Uncle Harry’s Remineralizing Organic Toothpaste
- #9 Great Oral Health All-Natural Toothpaste
- #10 SugaSol Pine Essence Organic Toothpaste
Have you ever thought that the ingredients in the toothpaste you use every day could be affecting your health? Some people use toothpaste twice a day. Fluoride and other chemicals in the toothpaste might be harmful to your gums and teeth. The best organic toothpaste protects and nourishes your mouth using organic ingredients
proven to be beneficial to your body.
This article is a guide on the top organic toothpaste. Read on for more.
What Makes Toothpaste Natural/Organic?
The US Food and Drugs Administration, FDA, does not interfere with the use of natural labels on personal care products. However, the US Department of Agriculture, USDA, regulates the use of organic products. Products with a USDA organic seal are certified organic. Some of the organic products have other certification seals, depending on where the product comes from.
Organic toothpastes are free of artificial ingredients such as artificial sweeteners. Instead, they contain ingredients such as plant leaf extracts that are not only safe but also beneficial to your teeth. The American Dental Association, ADA, considers sweeteners and flavors as inactive ingredients that do not necessarily have to be in the toothpaste. Organic toothpastes either leave out these inactive contents or use natural flavors and sweeteners.
When shopping for organic toothpaste, look at the list of ingredients to ensure you do not buy harmful chemicals that might affect your health.
Is Organic Toothpaste as Effective as Conventional Toothpaste?
Most of the organic toothpaste does not produce bubbles when you brush, as is the case with traditional toothpaste. This is one of the differences, and one thing that might make you feel as if the toothpaste is not effective. However, all you have to do is brush slower and allow the ingredients to seep into your gums and teeth, but the efficacy of the toothpaste is not affected.
Thanks to the use of technologies and innovative ingredients, organic toothpastes are now as effective in cleansing as traditional toothpastes. Some even produce bubbles as you brush, allowing you to brush your teeth with ease.
The ADA gives the seal of acceptance to the toothpaste brands that offer the best ingredients with good cleansing properties and much more. To get a seal, brands need to show scientific evidence that displays the efficacy and safety of the toothpaste. This seal is the gold standard, and any organic toothpaste with the seal might be the best in its range.
What Do Organic Ingredients Offer?
Organic contents are more beneficial to your teeth and general oral health compared to the contents in conventional toothpastes.
There are many more ingredients that a manufacturer may choose to use. When looking at the list of constituents, be sure to search the components whose names you do not recognize. For instance, water may appear as aqua – if you do not know what aqua is, you might confuse it with a dangerous chemical.
Ingredients to Avoid and Their Effects
With the best organic toothpaste, you avoid a lot of harmful ingredients that could affect your health. These ingredients come with a host of dangers that can affect your teeth and gums. They include:
Any other chemical that you might see in your toothpaste is probably not healthy for you. Check the effects of any other ingredient you may not understand in your toothpaste to ensure you are getting the best.
Why Choose Organic Toothpaste?
Types of Organic Toothpastes
Toothpaste comes in different types based on the benefits you need from them. Some common types include:
The toothpastes might have so many other benefits, while some might also offer the above benefits. The more the properties of toothpaste, the better it is for your dental health.
10 Best Organic Toothpastes
- The main ingredients in the formula of this toothpaste are activated charcoal and coconut oil, both of which are certified organic. Cali White adds other ingredients such as baking soda to make the formula effective.
- The manufacturer says the formula whitens your teeth up to 7.7 shades whiter. To ensure that, the recipe includes peppermint, xylitol, tea tree oil, and diatomaceous earth to enhance the toothpaste’s whitening properties.
- Toothpaste comes fluoride-free, peroxide-free, SLS-free, and gluten-free. It is a vegan option, and the manufacturer does not test it on animals.
- If you are peroxide sensitive, the toothpaste does not cause any sensitivity issues. The peppermint in the formula treats bad breath to ensure you stay fresh all day.
- The formula leaves no mess on your sink as you do not have to use powder charcoal that spoils your skin. This formula has the sweet mint flavor.
- Coconut and charcoal formula
- Formulated to whiten teeth
- The formula contains activated charcoal as the main ingredient, which whitens, polishes, and cleans the teeth. It also freshens breath. It also has other ingredients that cleanse, soothes, moisturizes, and polishes teeth.
- This is a vegan and cruelty-free option. Hello doesn’t test any of their products on animals. The tube features PETA and Leaping Bunny certification and labels as a guarantee that the toothpaste does not pass through animal testing.
- The USA-made toothpaste is free from fluoride, SLS, parabens, and any other harmful chemicals. It also doesn’t contain judgment, which might affect the user’s oral health.
- Common organic ingredients in the toothpaste include vegetable glycerin, charcoal powder, xantham gum, coconut oil, purified water, mineral titanium dioxide, stevia leaf extract. All the ingredients have an organic certification to protect your dental health.
- Organic charcoal formula
- Fluoride and SLS free
- The formula comes with all organic ingredients, including glycerin, purified water, natural essential oils flavor, Stevia leaf Extract, titanium dioxide, xanthan gum, carrageenan, and hydrated silica, and cocoyl glutamate. All these are natural and organic constituents.
- The constituents whiten your teeth, freshen your mouth, cleanse, polish, and remove stains. Its primary function is to remove stains on the surface of the teeth to make them white.
- The zen peppermint cleans and freshens teeth. This ingredient is essential when you need to leave your mouth fresh and clean.
- Burt’s Bees does not include fluoride, SLS, parabens, triclosan, sweeteners and artificial flavors, preservatives, dyes, and chemical microbeads.
- It bears an essential oil flavor, which is natural and sweet, so that you never have to deal with artificial flavors and sweeteners.
- Zen peppermint formula
- Essential oil flavored
- This is among the original toothpaste from 1850. It contains all certified natural constituents with the main ingredient being charcoal, which whitens, cleanses, and freshens the teeth.
- It has a natural taste as Dr. Sheffield’s does not use artificial sweeteners and flavors in any of their products. They also do not use preservatives, parabens, SLS, and fluoride that might damage your teeth.
- There are so many toothpaste varieties to choose from based on what you need from your toothpaste. This is extra-whitening, thanks to the increased charcoal content in it.
- Toothpaste comes with a natural certification from the Natural Products Association, NPA. It has a thick consistency that allows you to use it even without foam-forming chemicals.
- It is a vegan option and is cruelty-free as the manufacturer does not test it on animals before releasing it into the market. You protect your oral health as you protect animals and the environment.
- Whitening properties
- Charcoal formula
- You can choose between three flavors based on what you feel comfortable using – peppermint, anise, and cinnamon. These constituents are organic, and they cleanse, freshen, and remove stains and plaque.
- It does include synthetic constituents in its formula. You should not expect chemicals such as SLS, parabens, artificial colors and sweeteners, and fluorides.
- The toothpaste comes with a simple formula containing hydrated silica, calcium carbonate, which acts as a natural cleanser, baking soda, potassium cocoate from the organic coconut oil, and natural cleansers, and organic essential oils that give the peppermint flavor.
- Vegan and cruelty-free formula to take care of animals and the environment. It comes with a leaping bunny logo.
- Peppermint, Anise, and Cinnamon formula
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- The formula whitens teeth, freshens the mouth, removes germs and stains, and reduces teeth sensitivity. It also contains hydrogen peroxide, aloe, and essential oils to help treat teeth sensitivity by soothing your teeth.
- This is a woman-owned brand designed with care for protecting your oral health. The manufacturer does not test the toothpaste on animals. It is gluten-free, cruelty-free, and comes in BPA-free packaging.
- To limit teeth sensitivity, Essential Oxygen uses low RDA to limit the abrasiveness of the toothpaste. If you have teeth erosion issues, the low RDA quality of the toothpaste makes it great at protecting your teeth.
- Some of the organic constituents in the toothpaste include aloe, peppermint oil, spearmint leaf oil, eucalyptus leaf oil, rosemary leaf oil, stevia leaf extract, cinnamon, lemon peel oil, wintergreen oil, frankincense oil, and coconut flour. These constituents are all-natural.
- Aloe and essential oils formula
- Non-GMO and Fluoride-free formula
- The formula whitens teeth, removes plaque, and freshens bad breath. It is creamy and non-gritty with a blend of premium mint oils so that you can enjoy brushing your teeth every morning.
- Toothpaste comes with EWG verification to show that constituents are all-natural. The manufacturer sources all the components from the US to save the environment by avoiding transport pollution issues.
- It comes free of fluoride, SLS, sulfates, parabens, and any other harmful chemicals. It is vegan and cruelty-free as the manufacturer does not test the ingredient on animals.
- The formula contains natural constituents such as xylitol that promotes the health of your teeth. Other constituents include limestone abrasive, vegetable glycerin, baking soda, hydrated silica, purified water, a seaweed derivative, peppermint oil, spearmint leaf oil, anise seed extract, stevia leaf extract, and wintergreen leaf oil.
- Each package comes in a recyclable metal tube, which meets the FSC Certification. For easy application, the manufacturer includes a free metal tube key roller.
- Peppermint flavor
- Smooth and non-gritty formula
- This toothpaste has a simple formula to add minerals to your teeth and make them stronger again. The constituents include mineral clays and sea salt for added effectiveness of the formula. It also contains plant essences that keep your mouth fresh all day long.
- Each unit comes in earth-friendly packaging with a zero-waste glass jar on which the manufacturer uses hand-labeling.
- The minerals help maintain the natural pH of the teeth for the best oral health. It gives your teeth calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus to keep your mouth’s pH and general health.
- The formula focuses on whitening the teeth the natural way to reduce the sensitivity that comes with chemicals such as fluoride. It polishes and perfects your teeth without using any harsh chemicals.
- The organic constituents in the toothpaste include bentonite clay, colloidal silver, sea salt, calcium carbonate, mustard seed, eucalyptus, oregano essential oils, clove, and wintergreen. It does not include glycerin, fluoride, and synthetic preservatives, colors, and flavors.
- Peppermint flavor
- Mineral clays, sea salt formula
- You can use this toothpaste as a mouthwash after brushing. The formula fights bacteria throughout the day. Better yet, as a mouthwash, it leaves you with fresh breath all day.
- The formula contains a blend of essential oils to restore your gums and keep your mouth healthy. If you are traveling, you only need to carry drops of toothpaste, which are highly effective.
- The unit features an anti-waste drip system that ensures every drop doesn’t go to waste. Each package comes with zero sugar and no added synthetic sweeteners, no artificial flavors, glycerin, or alcohol. The controlled-drip technology ensures that the toothpaste is easier to use.
- It is vegan and cruelty-free with no fluoride or SLS
- Strengthens teeth and gums
- Blend of natural oils formula
- Feature organic and natural constituents of pine extract. It has a sweet pine flavor so that you do not need artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors. The manufacturer does not use synthetic bubbling constituents, which means you need to brush your teeth slowly.
- It comes with a concentrated formula to help you with nicotine stain, anemia, toxins, bad breath, and gum irritation. You can use the toothpaste to prevent tooth cavity and keep your teeth clean and free of surface stains.
- The formula is free of mineral oils, animal by-products, preservatives, colorant, fluoride, SLS, and sodium saccharin. Most of these constituents are not great for your oral health.
- If you experience teeth sensitivity, the product helps you eliminate the feeling by soothing your gums
- Pine flavor
- Good for teeth and gums
All the above products are great, but you do not need all of them. The toothpaste comes with varied formulas to help with different oral problems. Some are for cleansing, whitening, eradicating bad breath, soothing the gums, strengthening the teeth, or killing bacteria, among others. You can pick the best toothpaste based on what you need. However, choosing versatile toothpaste is better as you get all the properties in a single package.
The Cali White Activated Charcoal and Coconut Organic Toothpaste is our recommendation. It comes with a whitening formula, but also comes with so many other constituents to help you tackle a host of teeth problems. It has all organic constituents and is free of chemicals or constituents that could affect your oral health.