Table of Contents
- Top 3 Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
- Does Himalayan Salt Have Iodine?
- Is Pink Himalayan Salt Good For You?
- Which Brand of Himalayan Pink Salt Is Best?
- How to Use Organic Pink Himalayan Salt?
- Organic Himalayan Pink Salt Benefits
- How Do I Choose Organic Himalayan Salt?
- The 7 Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
- FAQ's on Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts have a natural pink color. They are from Pakistan, somewhere near the Himalayas, and experts consider them healthier alternatives to regular table salt. In addition, to preserve the purity of the salts, manufacturers hand mine the salts, clean them, and pack them in clean bags. The organic form of salt does not have any additives, such as preservatives.
When shopping, go for grain size that pours from your salt shaker with ease. The salt gives your food the same taste and flavor as regular salt, but it is healthier, and you only need a small amount to get that good taste and flavor. Below are some of the best organic pink Himalayan salts. here...
Top 3 Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
Our #1 rated
The Spice Lab Himalayan Salt
SaltWorks Ancient Ocean Himalayan Pink Salt
Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt
Does Himalayan Salt Have Iodine?
Like the regular table salt, pink Himalayan salt contains 98% sodium chloride. However, it contains several other minerals in trace elements not available in table salt. The estimate is that it has about 84 trace elements, including iron, which gives it a pink color.
Among the trace elements, the salt contains iodine. The amount of iodine in the salt is lower than the recommended daily intake. Manufacturers may fortify it with more iodine to balance the body's amount of iodine. However, some organic pink Himalayan salt manufacturers do not fortify with iodine to retain the freshness and purity of the salt. In most cases, you will need to find an iodine supplement to meet the recommended daily intake.
The main benefit of organic pink Himalayan salt is that it does not go through a lengthy refining process as table salt does. This way, its organic nature, and purity remain intact.
Is Pink Himalayan Salt Good For You?
Yes, it is GOOD! Pink Himalayan salt contains enough sodium to help you achieve healthy sodium levels in the body. However, you have to use them in moderation to prevent sodium poisoning. Besides, the salt helps you avoid hyponatremia (low sodium in the body) and maintain healthy nutrient levels in your body. Moreover, taking enough sodium enhances the body's ability to absorb amino acids, water, glucose, and chloride increases.
Sodium also plays an essential role in assisting the body to break down food and release the needed nutrients for easy absorption.
The other minerals are in trace amounts. Therefore, they will only offer meager health benefits unless you take a high amount of salt. Likewise, some users claim that the salt is more flavorful than regular table salt, thanks to the high amount of other minerals. However, you will likely use a small amount of sodium for every tablespoon of salt you take, thanks to its coarse nature.
Unlike table salt, which may contain ant-caking agents, the pink Himalayan salt is free of additives. People also use other Himalayan salt products, such as:
Which Brand of Himalayan Pink Salt Is Best?
There are many organic pink Himalayan brands, including Sherpa, SaltWorks, and Spice Lab. These brands have manufacturing facilities in the USA, which is a good thing as they have to meet strict manufacturing regulations before they sell the salt to the customers.
Other brands, such as Salt 84, have facilities near the mining location. So, it minimizes the chances of the salt getting contaminated before it reaches the consumers. In addition, the salt is cleaned, processed, graded, and packaged as close to the source. Furthermore, the salt that comes to you will be clean and 100% organic this way. Finally, the challenge with such a brand is that it may not have some of the USA's certifications that other salt brands have.
Even though the salts may be from a manufacturing facility in the USA, it is still important to look at their certifications. Kosher and USDA certifications are enough to instill confidence in anyone regarding the salt they buy.
How to Use Organic Pink Himalayan Salt?
Organic pink Himalayan salt has several uses. These include:
- Eating and Cooking – You can use organic pink Himalayan salt the same way you use regular table salt. Add it in sauces and marinades, or add it to your food at the table. Besides, you can also use salt as a surface for cooking. So, get large salt blocks and use them to grill and sear to add a salty flavor to your grilled food. Also, the fine grain is versatile, and you can use it in various dishes. Likewise, when cooking with this salt, consider the grain size. You may need to use more coarse grain salt to match the flavor you'd get from the fine-grained or extra-fine grain of regular salt. Just put a little bit of salt on your morning's Organic Oatmeal, and it will make it taste much better!
- Bath Salts – Besides cooking with it, you can use them as bath salts. A salt bath can improve your skin conditions and soothe your sore muscles.
- Salt Lamps – These lamps can remove air pollutants in a room to improve indoor air quality. They come as large salt blocks with a light source to heat the salt.
- Pink Himalayan Salt Caves – You may not experience this unless you visit Pakistan. These are artificial caves where you can spend time. Spending time in these caves can improve your skin conditions and help ease respiratory diseases.
Organic Himalayan Pink Salt Benefits
Organic pink Himalayan salt is free of chemicals. There is not much research on the benefits of salt, but for years, people have believed in its advantages. Some of the benefits of the salt include:
- Flush toxins with sole water – Sole water is saturated with pink Himalayan water. Firstly, to make sole water, add the salt to a jug, stir and let it sit for a night. Secondly, add more salt and stir until the water saturates if all the salt dissolves by morning. Finally, you can mix the water with clean drinking water and take a glass every day. To summarize, according to the proponents, this water can help you balance the pH in your body.
- Improve Digestion - Pink Himalayan salt can help activate salivary glands to release salivary amylase. Also, it can activate hydrochloric acid as well as protein hormones.
- Regulate Blood Sugar – Taking a dose of salt can facilitate blood flow in your body. Nevertheless, it helps balance the minerals in the body and keeps the hormones in check.
- Salt Therapy – If you have digestive problems, you can use organic pink Himalayan salt. Consequently, use a salt inhaler or sit in a room full of salt-rich air. Eventually, inhaled salt goes into the respiratory system, and the salt kills microbes to heal your lungs. Salt therapy can clear chest congestion and seasonal allergies.
How Do I Choose Organic Himalayan Salt?
When shopping for Organic Pink Himalayan Salt, consider the following factors:
#1 Organic Certification
The organic salt you buy should be Kosher-certified. Kosher checks the purity and the safety of all ingredients used in the manufacture of different products. Besides that, you should check for USDA organic certification. Furthermore, the United States Department of Agriculture assesses other products whose manufacturers claim are organic.
Check that the salt is gluten-free, free of soy, and does not contain any caking agents that may affect your health. Brands such as Sherpa Pink do not have any additives that can be harmful.
#2 Grain Size
There are different types of salt grain, including extra-fine, refined, and coarse grain.
- The extra-fine grain is about 0.5 mm. If you always use a salt shaker, this is the ideal grain size. This size is also perfect when you put salt directly on your food, and the extra-fine grain can also be a good pick.
- Fine-grain is about 1mm. This size is ideal for several culinary practices. The grain is slightly larger than regular table salt.
- Lastly, coarse grain is between 2 and 3 mm. You can choose this size for ceramic mills and grinders. Pick this coarse grain salt to reduce the amount of sodium you take per serving.
Some companies produce other food items besides salt. Again, check the packaging to ensure that the company does not also pack food items that can cause allergies to you, such as soy. Besides, it would be best to go for a company with a good reputation. The use of sustainable packaging and the availability of resealable packs should be an added advantage.
You can use pink Himalayan salt in your food, in your bath, or as a lamp. When using the salt in a salt bath, you need a brand that dissolves fast, or else you will feel the grains when you start your bath. When you need a salt lamp, the coarse grain salt comes in handy. Additionally, fine grain is more versatile for use in food as you can use it in different food items. To summarize, like the extra-fine, it dissolves fast and leaves a subtle taste and flavor.
The 7 Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
#1 The Spice Lab Himalayan Salt
Best Organic Himalayan Salt Overall
- The Spice Lab salt is certified organic. It is free from any chemicals and plastics that you may find in some cheap quality salts.
- The manufacturer approves it for keto and paleo diets and other food items. You can use it to grill meats, eggs, fish, vegetables, ribs, soups, stews, and salads, among others.
- The salt is available in white or in different shades of pink. The white one is deficient in trace elements but still contains enough sodium and iodine for flavor and health benefits.
- It is free of gluten, soy, and other allergens. It also does not contain any chemicals that can affect your health.
- Certified organic
- Made in an HCCP Certified facility
#2 SaltWorks Ancient Ocean Himalayan Pink Salt
Best Organic Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- The salt comes in a 5-pound bag so that you can buy a large amount all at once. It is in fine grain, and you can use it for cooking, baking, or put in a salt shaker. Its grain size is the same as that of table salt.
- The salt dissolves fast, thanks to the fine grain size. You can mix it with essential oils and dried herbs and use it for a relaxing bath. When used for a bath, it relaxes your muscles and can also help your skin.
- It is certified authentic as the manufacturer follows a strict hand mining process, and the cleaning process is also simple.
- It does not contain additives, such as caking agents. The packaging is free of gluten, soy, and GMOs.
- Kosher certified
- Hand mined from ancient sea beds.
- Certified organic
- Free of soy, GMO, and allergens
#3 Sherpa Pink Gourmet Himalayan Salt
One Of The Best Natural Pink Himalayan Salt
- Sherpa is one of the top brands of pink Himalayan salt. Their salt is 100% organic with certifications to show for it.
- The product has Kosher certification, is non-GMO, and is free of soy, gluten, anti-caking agents, and dairy. As such, it does not cause allergies or any other health conditions.
- The salt comes directly from the Himalayan mountains. Again, the packaging is in the USA in a facility that meets the set SQF quality code. More, according to the manufacturer, the facility is organic compliant.
- Sherpa supplies the salt in extra-fine grain form. Extra-fine grain size makes it fast-dissolving so that you can use it in a pink salt bath and all types of dishes.
- You can use it to season meats, salads, grilled vegetables, soups, stews, and several other recipes.
- Extra fine grain
- 100% certified organic
- Free of soy, gluten, and anti-caking agents
- Used for bath and cooking
#4 Wild Himalayan Pink Salt Fine Grain
One Of The Best Natural Himalayan Pink Salt Brand
- The Wild Himalayan pink salt is available as an acceptable grain salt. You can use it in several dishes, including meats, eggs, salads, and so many others.
- You can also use it for bathing, and because it is acceptable grain salt, it will dissolve fast, especially in warm water.
- The salt contains more than 80 minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and iron. Even if these minerals are in trace elements, they still benefit your body after consuming the salt for a while.
- This salt is all-natural with moderate levels of sodium for your health. The manufacturer processes the salt in a facility close to the mining area.
- This way, they pack the salt before any impurities can affect its cleanliness or organic nature.
- 80 plus minerals
- Smooth flavor
- Certified organic
#5 Earth Circle Organics Premium Pink Himalayan Salt
- Earth Circle Organics produces all-natural and organic products. Their pink Himalayan salt contains 84 trace elements and minerals.
- The salt comes with Kosher certification and is free of any fillers, sugar, soy, gluten, MSG, additives, dairy, and anti-caking agents.
- According to the manufacturer, they sustainably source the salt to ensure they benefit the local communities where the salt comes from.
- The suppliers and producers the companies work with commit and have projects that benefit the local communities around the Himalayan mountains.
- The salt is pure culinary grade. It is available in fine grain and provides a smooth, consistent, and reserved flavor. It is subtle compared to sea salt.
- 84 trace elements
- Certified organic
- Free of chemicals
- Not refined or heated
#6 Himalayan Salt 84 Chef Pink Salt
- Salt 84 is so named because of the number of minerals in the salt. Besides, all these trace elements and minerals, including calcium, iron, and many others.
- The minerals enhance different physiological functions to keep your body healthy. Moreover, it also contains enough sodium and iodine in regular sea salt.
- It is 100% natural primarily hand-mined near the Himalayan mountains, Pakistan. The pink color indicates the presence of iron and other mineral elements.
- The salt comes in the form of fine grain, which you can use in several dishes and bathing.
- It has a smooth flavor when used in any dish. When used in a pink salt bath, it dissolves very fast for ease of use.
- It contains 84 trace elements
- Comes in a stand-up zip-lock bag
- OU Kosher certified
#7 HQO Express Organic
- The HQO pink Himalayan salt is 100% natural. This granular salt is sourced from the foothills of the Himalayan mountains.
- They hand-mine, wash it, sort it, then package it for the customers. It does not go through refinement or any other processes affecting the salt's nutritional value.
- It has zero iodine, which might make the food bitter. As such, it is subtle, and you can use it in several dishes.
- However, you have to supplement the iodine from other sources. Similarly, it enhances the flavor of salads, soups, stews, eggs, and meats, among other dishes.
- The salt is USDA-certified organic. During mining and processing, the manufacturer does not use any herbicides or any other chemicals that can affect the quality of the salt. To summarize, salt is a safe alternative to the common table salt.
- Smooth flavor
- No bitter taste
- 100% USDA certified organic
- Sustainably farmed
If you love cooking, you know salt's effect on your food. However, you should not skimp out on the salt quality as it determines the quality of your meals. Besides, the pink Himalaya salt is subtle. Also, it doesn't have the bitterness that you get with regular table salt. Furthermore, with the best organic pink Himalayan salts, your food will taste better.
Our favorite product is the Spice Lab Himalayan Salt. It comes in a simple package, is cost-effective, and is 100% certified organic. You do not have to try all the salts above. Instead, pick a brand that stands out for you and use it in your dishes.
FAQ's on Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
Does Himalayan salt contain more minerals?
Yes. Like regular salt, the pink Himalayan salt contains about 98% sodium. The rest 2% is other minerals. However, because of the limited amount of salt people use every day, the minerals may not be sufficient for your health.
Is it true that pink Himalayan salt contains a lower amount of sodium?
Pink Himalayan salt has the same percentage of sodium as regular salt. However, salt is primarily available in coarse grain. Therefore, you will take less sodium per teaspoon of the salt with the coarse grain. However, if you use the fine grain or extra-fine rain salt, you will take the same amount of sodium as regular salt.
Is organic pink Himalayan salt more natural than organic sea salt?
Regular salt is not 100% natural. During processing, the manufacturers add anti-caking agents to ensure no clumping. These agents, such as magnesium carbonate and sodium aluminosilicate, make the salt less natural. With Himalayan salt, there are no additives. Manufacturers only clean the salt before packing it ready for use.
Are there any risks to taking organic pink Himalayan salt?
The salt is free of any chemicals that can affect your health. However, just like regular salt, you should not take too much sodium.
The Spice Lab Himalayan Salt
The Spice Lab salt is certified organic. It is free from any chemicals and plastics that you may find in some cheap quality salts. The manufacturer approves it for keto and paleo diets and other food items. You can use it to grill meats, eggs, fish, vegetables, ribs, soups, stews, and salads, among others. The salt is available in white or in different shades of pink. The white one is deficient in trace elements but still contains enough sodium and iodine for flavor and health benefits. It is free of gluten, soy, and other allergens. It also does not contain any chemicals that can affect your health.
Product SKU: B005MER0RA
Product Brand: The Spice Lab Himalayan Salt
Product Currency: $
Product Price: 8.99
Price Valid Until: 2022-05-01
Product In-Stock: InStock