Table of Contents
- Index Table: 10 Top-Rated Organic Meal Replacement Shakes
- Why Buy Organic Meal Replacements and Not the Conventional Options?
- The 10 Best Organic Coconut Milks
- The 7 Best Organic Pink Himalayan Salts
- The Importance of Organic Meal Replacement Shakes
- Choosing the Macros in Your Natural Meal Replacement Shake
- Powdered or Ready To Drink – Which is Better?
- Meal Replacement Shakes and Weight Loss – Is There a Link?
- Vitamins and Minerals Fortification – How Do Synthetic Vitamins Differ from Natural Options?
- Additives in Conventional Meal Replacement Shakes – How Do They Harm You?
- Artificial Sweeteners – Are They Worth It?
- Avoiding GMOs in Your Shake
- Shopping for the Organic Meal Replacement Shake – How to Choose
- The 10 Best Organic Meal Replacement Shakes: Full Review
- #1 Orgain Organic Plant-Based Powder
- #2 Garden of Life Raw Meal Replacement Powder
- #3 Amazing Grass Green Superfood
- #4 Vega One Nutritional Shake Chocolate
- #5 Ka'Chava Meal Replacement Shake
- #6 Vega Ready to Drink Protein Shakes
- #7 PlantFusion Complete Organic Foods Powder
- #8 Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Protein Powder
- #9 Ample Meal Replacement Shake
- #10 310 Nutrition 24 CT Organic Shake Box
Meal replacement shakes are highly popular among people with busy daily schedules. The shakes provide nutrient-dense meals that do not cost you much. Again, you do not have to spend time preparing the meals. Most of these shakes are lightweight with sufficient nutrients without the bulk. Conventional meal replacement shakes may be laden with chemicals such as preservatives, colorants, and flavors. On the other hand, organic meal replacement shakes have all-natural ingredients.
The ingredients label should only have pronounceable ingredients to guarantee your health even as you enjoy the convenience of a shake.
Index Table: 10 Top-Rated Organic Meal Replacement Shakes
Our #1 rated
Why Buy Organic Meal Replacements and Not the Conventional Options?
The content of the foods you eat will affect your overall health. Most foods might also impact the environment, mainly based on how manufacturers produce them. Organic meals provide more nutrients compared to conventionally-grown meals. In addition, if you are allergic to certain foods, chemicals, and preservatives, you will enjoy your natural meal replacement shakes as they are free of these products.
Other advantages include:
The Importance of Organic Meal Replacement Shakes
The benefits of these shakes compared to conventional meals are many. For starters, the shakes offer a measured food amount, which allows you to plan how much you consume. You can calculate your daily caloric intake by looking at the packaging.
These shakes are easy to prepare and do a minor cleanup. Unlike traditional meals that can take an hour or even more, these meals only need a few minutes, and they are good to go. They come in handy for breakfast when you may not have enough time to whip up a meal.
The high protein content of most meal replacement shakes are ideal for senior citizens and people who engage in strenuous workout. Shakes can help seniors maintain their muscle mass and their strength. For people who engage in strenuous activities, the high protein content helps their muscles recover. Others provide the energy needed before the workout.
The only concern with meal replacement shakes is that they might have high sugar content. Most of the ingredients used to make these shakes – such as chia seeds, fruits, and flax seeds - are safe on their own. However, they may have high sugar content when they are together in a shake blend. So, granted, be mindful of the ingredients in the shake.
Choosing the Macros in Your Natural Meal Replacement Shake
Your meal replacement shakes need to provide complete meal nutrition. If you live an active lifestyle, you need a shake that provides sufficient proteins, calories, carbs, and fat to meet your nutritional needs. The best natural meal replacement shake needs a perfect balance between these nutrients.
Most shakes offer more proteins, but that doesn't make them sufficient when you need to have a complete meal. Even if you need a shake with more proteins for post-workout, you also need fiber, calories, and other nutrients to make the shake complete. The shake should keep you full with macro and micro nutrients. The macros that need to appear in your meal replacement shake include:
Your nutritional requirements will vary from those of other people, so choose the percentages of the above nutrients based on your needs. For example, if you need the shake as a post-workout drink, you can pick one with a higher protein percentage. However, as a meal replacement, you need a perfect balance between carbs, proteins, and fat to ensure that the meal meets all your needs.
If you need the meal replacement for a special diet such as paleo, keto, low carb, or high protein, pick a meal that meets your special diet requirement.
Powdered or Ready To Drink – Which is Better?
You can buy a meal replacement shake either in the form of a powder or a ready-to-drink shake. If you are on the go or in town, a ready-to-drink or pre-mixed shake is better for you as it gives you the convenience of drinking as it is. However, these shakes are heavy when you have to carry them in your bag for long distances, unlike the powder version you can mix with water you buy at the nearest store.
Powders are lighter, and you can use them for a long time. Where a pre-mixed meal replacement shake can last you a few times, the powder option can last up to a month or more.
Meal Replacement Shakes and Weight Loss – Is There a Link?
There are many drinks with a "weight loss" label attached to them. However, most of these may not work as promised. For meal replacement shakes, products marketed for weight loss are low carb and low-calorie options. If you live a healthy lifestyle with workout and nutritious ingredients, it is better to pick a shake with balanced formula than pick one promoted as a weight loss drink. Most of the products marketed for weight loss offer 120 calories or even less, making them less balanced.
Taking a liquid diet can help you lose weight, according to research. It could also reduce your BMI and your systolic blood pressure. In addition, in patients with type 2 diabetes, these liquid meals can lower blood pressure.
If you need shakes to lose weight, consider those with a high protein content of between 1.2 grams and 1.6 grams for every kilogram of your body weight. Such shakes will reduce your appetite. According to Diabetes Spectrum, meal replacement shakes can increase sensory-specific satiety – this means you do not have to eat the same food until you are full.
Vitamins and Minerals Fortification – How Do Synthetic Vitamins Differ from Natural Options?
To create a perfect balance of ingredients, most natural shakes today provide vitamins and minerals. Some manufacturers fortify their products with synthetic vitamins and minerals. These may appear on the ingredients list in long names or may occur as a "vitamin and mineral blend."
According to research, synthetic vitamins do not offer sufficient nourishment as you'd expect from vitamins. In addition, some scientists argue that having these synthetic nutrients might be harmful to your body. In contrast, others say that having them is better than not having vitamins and minerals at all. However, if you decide to go for natural and organic meal replacement shakes, avoid the synthetic options.
Also if men wants to have full diet you must consider using additional multivitamins too.
Additives in Conventional Meal Replacement Shakes – How Do They Harm You?
While the price tag of conventional meal replacement shakes might entice you, the ingredients in them might not be healthy for your body. Most of these come with preservatives, fillers, sugar, colors, chemicals, and other additives.
Some of the additives you need to avoid:
Artificial Sweeteners – Are They Worth It?
Most conventional meal replacement shakes feature sugar. However, most manufacturers will only admit they use a little sugar in their shakes, yet they taste like glucose. To create a sweet taste, the manufacturers add sweeteners. Sweeteners are harmful to your body when consumed for a long time. Some of the common sweeteners to avoid include:
If you need a sweet meal replacement shake, opt for one with stevia. The substance replaces sugar as it is 200 times sweeter than sugar. It doesn't affect your blood sugar level and is safer than artificial sweeteners.
Avoiding GMOs in Your Shake
One of the main reasons people choose organic ingredients is to avoid GMOs – genetically modified organisms. Today, most of the foods on the markets are GMO. In the US, for instance, most of the sweet corn produced is GMO. Scientists modify the genetic makeup of these plants to make them more resistant to pests and resistant to herbicides used against weeds.
The US's most common foods, such as soybeans, squash, alfalfa, papaya, canola, zucchini, and breakfast cereals, are GMO. In addition, soy lecithin and corn syrup ingredients are more likely to have GMOs than other ingredients.
GMOs might not be safe for human consumption. There have not been any long-term studies that confirm the effects of GMOs on human beings. Nevertheless, the FDA and some biotech companies claim that these food items are safe, while a few studies suggest they might not be secure.
Shopping for the Organic Meal Replacement Shake – How to Choose
With so many products on the market, you may find it challenging to choose the best meal replacement shake. So, when shopping, consider the following:
The 10 Best Organic Meal Replacement Shakes: Full Review
- The meal replacement powder features a 2.03-pound Orgain Organic creamy chocolate protein powder that gives the replacement shake its flavor and its sweetness.
- All ingredients are plant-based. They include pea, chia seeds, brown rice, and dietary fiber. These ingredients provide 3 grams of carbs, 0 grams of sugar, and 150 calories in each serving.
- You need to mix the powder with milk or water or use any protein shake recipe you may have. It provides a quick breakfast or snack. You can also use powder when making cakes to add a touch of proteins to your cake.
- Professionals created the formula for use by men, women, and children. It works as a meal replacement, muscle recovery, and post-workout.
- The ingredients are free from GMO, gluten, and soy. The replacement powder comes with a USDA organic certification seal. It is a vegan option for those who need to live a healthy life.
- Each product is free from preservatives, colors, and artificial flavors. It provides 21 grams of organic proteins and an additional 7 grams of fiber for every serving you take.
- Chocolate flavor
- All-plant based ingredients
Best Organic Meal Replacement Shake For Weight Loss
- This product provides fast and healthy nutrients. Powder offers 20 grams of organic plant protein sourced from 44 superfoods. Includes organic grass juice, vegetables, fruits, and fiber to make the diet complete and satisfy you.
- It is ideal for post-workout recovery and can help you build lean muscle. Thanks to the nutrient-dense formula, the powder helps boost power during strenuous exercise.
- The shake contains 21 vitamins and minerals to help fight diseases and keep you healthy. Its natural vanilla flavor makes it sweet to drink without the chalky taste of most powders.
- It comes loaded with probiotics that make it tasty and smooth. The probiotics and the enzymes make the replacement shake easy to digest regardless of the time of the day you consume it and eliminate any chances of getting stomach upsets.
- The ingredients make this powder vegan. It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and Informed Choice certified. Free of preservatives, colors, and artificial flavors. You can add it to other foods such as cakes to add proteins, vitamins, and minerals to the meals.
- Vanilla, chocolate, or sweet flavor
- It contains vitamins and minerals
- As seen below, you can choose the Green Superfood from one of the eleven flavors and functions.
- First is Amazing Flavors, which include original, cherry, and chocolate. These give you the whole-food nutrition that your body needs.
- The Immunity Support option contains antioxidant sweet berry, multivitamin pineapple lemongrass, and immunity tangerine flavors. These three options boost your immune system through antioxidant meals.
- The Clean Energy options include energy lemon-lime and energy watermelon. These provide you with a focused boost without the challenges of a crash.
- The next is the Clean and Detox option, which helps eliminate toxins in your body and facilitate digestion. Flavors under this option include detox and digest clean greens, and alkalize and detox simply pure.
- Collagen Support is another option that helps you build collagen for healthy skin, nails, and hair.
- The formula is laden with plant-based ingredients. It is free from preservatives, gluten, colors, soy, artificial flavors, and any chemicals that can be harmful to your body.
- 11 different flavors
- Alkalizing formula
- You can choose this shake from various flavors, including berry, coconut almond, chocolate, French vanilla, vanilla chai, and mocha. All the flavors are natural and plant-based.
- This meal replacement provides 20 grams of organic protein from peas, sacha inchi, hemp, and flax when blended with fruit.
- It provides about 50 percent of your daily vitamin and minerals intake. The company sources vitamins and minerals from broccoli, spirulina, strawberries, kales, etc.
- Each package provided comes with 25% DV fiber, probiotics, antioxidants, and omega 3s. The formula is non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and free of whey, soy, and dairy ingredients.
- If the content of the shake settle by the time they ship to your door, you only need to blend the shake, and it will be good to go.
- Variety of flavors
- The Ka'Chava Organic Meal Replacement Shake combines ingredients from more than 70 plant-based superfoods. It contains proteins, fiber, omega-3, antioxidants, adaptogens, probiotics, vitamins, and minerals.
- The formula is free from animal products, gluten, artificial colors and sweeteners, artificial flavors, and preservatives.
- This shake provides an optimal balance of proteins, fibers, and essential fats that keep you satisfied all day. The manufacturer claims to test the shake for taste, ensuring that it has a smooth and creamy shake for all users.
- The formula gives users a chance to boost their daily nutrient intake, manage their weight, control their training, and eat healthily.
- Chocolate flavored
- Superfoods based formula
- This shake comes ready to drink, so you never have to spend time preparing. It is an ideal snack, post-workout meal, or a meal when you are on the go.
- Contains 20 grams of vegan protein sourced from pea protein, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and others to create a complete amino acid profile with all essential amino acids.
- Shake Provides a 25 percent dietary value comprising of 11 vitamins and minerals for every serving. It also contains three grams of fiber and a gram of omega-3 acids.
- It Comes loaded with superfoods, including spinach, green algae, organic spirulina, hale, and broccoli to provide a rich and nutrient-dense shake for all.
- The meal replacement features a vegan certification and non-GMO project verification. It is free from animal products, gluten, artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- You need to only shake it before drinking and drink it chilled for the best results. Keep it refrigerated after opening.
- Vanilla or chocolate flavor
- Ready to drink
- The product comes certified as a non-GMO product free from gluten, soy, whey, rice, eggs, artificial flavors, colors, nuts, fish, and any other animal product.
- Its formula is nutrient-dense with 20 grams of organic protein, 2 grams of fermented foods, and 120 calories per serving. You can use it to improve your energy levels and manage your appetite with ease. It is also ideal for muscle recovery after exercise.
- The formula comes loaded with 20 plant-based proteins such as peas, green algae, artichokes, superfoods, etc.
- The manufacturer fortifies the meal replacement with enzymes to facilitate fast digestion and enhance protein absorption. Its formula is free of allergens such as soy and dairy, so many people can use it.
- This meal replacement shake features a pure flavor blend that provides a natural flavor that tastes delicious.
- Vanilla, Chocolate, Vanilla Chai flavors
- Energy-sustaining ingredients
- The Gold Standard Protein Powder features 24 grams of proteins for every serving. So, Proteins provide a complete essential amino acid profile to help muscle recovery.
- Some plant protein ingredients include brown rice, pea, sacha inchi, pomegranate, and complex ancient grains.
- Provides you with a 100 percent daily intake value for vitamin C. Comes with a USDA organic certification and is non-GMO. Free of artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors, and preservatives. Also you can choose supplements with only vitamin C.
- Easy to mix, and its natural flavor gives it an excellent taste. You can take it as breakfast, use it before and after the workout, and integrate it into your recipes.
- The manufacturer sources all ingredients from plants. The list includes organic pea protein, stevia leaf extract, guar gum, ascorbic acid, organic gum Arabica, citric acid, pomegranate powder, and quinoa.
- Berry flavor
- USDA certified organic
#9 Ample Meal Replacement Shake
- The Ample Original formula delivers 27 grams of organic protein per serving from pea, grass-fed whey, grass-fed collagen, coconut, macadamia, and organic sunflower greens. It also has probiotics for enhanced digestion.
- Its formula is free from soy, GMOs, gluten, artificial sweeteners, flavors, and corn oils. Instead, it has six probiotics and 10 grams of fiber to facilitate easy digestion.
- The meal replacement has four grams of sugar for every 400 calorie meal. The manufacturer sources sugar from sweet potato, oats, and tapioca, providing enough fiber for probiotics.
- Ingredients are organic wheatgrass and barley grass, which provide organic polyphenols and antioxidants to fight free radicals.
- Fibers in the formula come from chicory root, psyllium, acacia, and green banana, which are all-natural and plant-based.
- Vanilla flavor
- Protein-based formula
#10 310 Nutrition 24 CT Organic Shake Box
- The 24CT meal replacement shake comes with a host of all-clean organic ingredients, including superfood and nutrient-packed proteins. Its formula is non-GMO and free of soy, dairy products, gluten, sugar, sweeteners, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives.
- Each packet comes well-balanced with convenient ingredients to give you everything you need in a healthy meal. It offers 15 grams of proteins, 2 grams of healthy fats, and 5 grams of fiber. The formula has zero sugar and only 110 calories in every serving.
- The manufacturer uses proprietary technology to create a nutritious meal replacement shake with a smooth texture and great taste.
- The formula nutritionally uses dense greens and superfoods such as apple, broccoli, beetroot, ginger, turmeric, Chaga mushroom, spinach, alfalfa, spirulina, and chlorella.
- The 24CT meal replacement shake features a low-calorie and keto-friendly formula. It allows the shake to give more energy.
- Chocolate flavor
- Vegan nutrition
Why do you need a meal replacement shake? Do you need to take it to lose weight, for recovery after a workout, for energy before a workout, or for breakfast? First, consider the ingredients of the shake based on wanting a shake. A shake with a well-balanced formula such as Orgain Organic Plant-Based Powder will meet most of your needs. If you need a specialized shake, you can choose one of Amazing Grass Green Superfood options.