Table of Contents
- The 12 Best Organic Shampoos for Color-Treated Hair
- Best Organic Shampoo for Hair Growth
- Why Do You Need an Organic Hair Spray?
- Why You Should Avoid Conventional Chemical-Loaded Sprays?
- Types of Hair Sprays
- How to Use a Hair Spray Appropriately
- Benefits of The Best Organic Hair Spray
- Ingredients of Organic Hair Spray
- The 8 Best Organic Hair Spray
- Final Thoughts
When you need to hold your hairstyle in place, a hairspray is one of the hair care products you need. Although that might be the main reason why you need a hair spray, applying it has many more benefits to your hair, as we will look at below. Conventional hair sprays come loaded with alcohol, parabens, and chemical polymers that might do more harm than good. If you need the benefits of a hair spray without harming your skin or the environment, the best organic hair spray will help you.
The best natural hair spray will not only help you stay true to your values but also help you style your hair just the way you need it. Most are actually more efficient than conventional chemical-loaded hair sprays. Everyone can benefit from a hair spray, including those with curly hair, colored, or dry and kinky hair.
Why Do You Need an Organic Hair Spray?
There are many benefits of using a hair spray. Some of these benefits include:
Why You Should Avoid Conventional Chemical-Loaded Sprays?
While conventional hair sprays might cost you less than the best organic hair spray, they have active ingredients that might be harmful to your skin. They contain polymers, solvents, and fuels. Polymers are chemicals that act as a glue to your hair while the solvents dissolve spray contents into a solution.
Some of the toxic ingredients that may be in your bottle include:
Plastic polymers are so popular on conventional hair sprays. They are effective in relaxing your hair, reducing frizz, and holding your hairstyle. The problem with the plastic polymers is that you can breathe them in, which causes health problems.
Other problems include:
Types of Hair Sprays
The best natural hair sprays come in categories based on their functions. The effect you desire on your hair will determine the type of hair spray you choose. Before shopping, therefore, consider your hair type and the style you need to achieve.
Below are some of the popular hair spray options:
How to Use a Hair Spray Appropriately
There are different methods to apply hair spray. Some you use at the roots, others on the surface of the hair, and some you have to brush through your hair. If all you need to is settle unruly hair strands.
The primary application method is as follows:
Benefits of The Best Organic Hair Spray
Some of the terms you will see when shopping for organic hair spray include non-toxic, natural, organic, cruelty-free, vegan, and herbal. The main benefit of the best natural hair spray is that it has no chemicals, which means they are safe.
Today, you can buy these organic sprays online or from so many other stores. Below are some of the benefits you get with organic sprays.
Ingredients of Organic Hair Spray
Most organic hair sprays are sugar-based. Most manufacturers use organic brown sugar, which holds the strands of hair together. Other ingredients you might find in your hair spray include:
The 8 Best Organic Hair Spray
- The Enovvia hair spray contains no fragrance but instead has all-natural and straightforward ingredients. It uses a sucrose formula, making it effective at holding any hairstyle you might have.
- It is chemical-free as the manufacturers source all the ingredients organically. You should, therefore, not expect co-polymers, petroleum derivatives, acrylates, and parabens.
- The spray's formula makes it ideal for short and long hair, and men and women. It works on all types of hair, whether colored or natural.
- Each bottle is non-aerosol and doesn't, therefore, form a spray cloud that can irritate your eyes or your skin. Again, there are no chemical propellants, further making the spray eco-friendly.
- All ingredients come from farms in the USA. The sprays are vegan-friendly and cruelty-free.
- Sugar formula
- Edenis Hair Spray is certified organic and features 100 percent chemical-free formula. It is free from sulfates and parabens. The recipe is also vegan friendly, and Edenis does not perform animal tests.
- The Dry Oil Mist is a formula for women, but men can still use it. It protects your hair from heat damage by providing the hair with all the nutrients necessary to strengthen it.
- The lightweight hair spray works perfectly on sensitive hair. It provides the natural oils that the scalp needs to rejuvenate and heal. You can also use it if your hair is dry or damaged.
- The lightweight nature of the spray makes it non-greasy and easy to apply. It also works fast to hold any style of hair you have without causing further damage.
- Because of its natural oils formula, it takes longer for your hair to dry after application, and it also has an anti-frizz effect.
- The TreeActiv Hair Nourishing Spray not only helps set your hairstyle but also nourishes the hair for thicker and healthier growth.
- It has many organic ingredients, including Argan oil, coconut water, vegan keratin, biotin, vitamin B5, tea tree water, licorice extract, and vitaplex. These ingredients promote hair growth and remove dry skin to moisturize the scalp.
- TreeActiv sells this spray to be in the mid-point between a moisturizer and a hair spray. The argan oil in its formula gives it the power to moisturize and nourish your hair for faster growth. The vitamins strengthen the hair to prevent damages.
- It reduces frizz and color damage for dry and colored hair. To do that, it has a combination of keratin, biotin, and provitamin B5. It also makes the spray ideal when you have dandruff and split ends.
- All ingredients are organic. The formula contains no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. TreeActive does not test its products on animals, and their formulae are vegan-friendly.
- Argan Oil and Biotin formula
- For dry hair
- Herbal spray with all-organic ingredients to hold your hairstyle for long. The women's hairspray contains organic hemp seed oil as its main ingredient to lift your hair when you need more volume. The hemp is free of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol).
- The hemp seed oil is gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and never tested on animals. It further contains sea salt for better styling. Besides styling hair, the hemp seed oil moisturizes your scalp.
- It is scented with a tropical fragrance that smells like summer. The smell is subtle for those who do not need an overpowering spray.
- The ingredients add texture and body to your hair. You can use for any type of hair if you need that wet and beach look you see on magazines getting your hair ready for summer.
- You can use the hair spray to reduce frizz, stabilize your hair, and strengthen it to make it resist damage.
- Volumizing formula
- The Nature's Brands organic hair spray has a long list of natural ingredients including purified water, organic brown sugar, organic vodka, olive oil, rosehip oil, thyme herb, bergamot oil, sweet orange oil, geranium oil, green tea, and sage herb.
- The brown sugar holds your hairstyle in place while other ingredients nourish your hair, moisturize it, and strengthen it.
- You can use this product for any type of hair, including curly hair, dry hair, long or short hair, and colored or natural hair. It has a lightweight formula that is easy to apply and one that holds for a long time.
- Each bottle is free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and other chemicals that can harm your skin. The ingredients are vegan friendly, and the manufacturer does not test the spray on animals.
- All the ingredients are cold-pressed and non-refined, giving them all the natural benefits.
- USDA certified organic
- Suncoat uses a sugar-based formula that doesn't leave your hair greasy but holds its style for a long time. Unlike most organic hair sprays with a lightweight formula, the SunCoat natural hair styling spray holds your style for long periods, so you never have to keep re-applying during the day.
- It is scent-free and only has the earthy smell of its natural ingredients. The formula also excludes alcohol, making it ideal for users with sensitive skin.
- You can use the spray on any type of hair, including dry and frizzy hair, colored or natural, short or long. Besides holding your style, the formula moisturizes your hair and nourishes it for healthier growth.
- It is vegan-friendly and non-GMO with all-natural plant ingredients.
- The manufacturer offers a satisfaction guarantee for every bottle you buy.
- Sugar formula
- Fragrance and alcohol-free
- The coconut and hibiscus formula of this hair spray adds lightweight moisture and shine on your hair for a fine-textured finish. This formula reduces flyaways, adds hold and shine, and creates texture.
- The recipe is suitable for thick and curly hair. It moisturizes your hair and strengthens it to reduce damage.
- Besides coconut and hibiscus, the SheaMoisture adds neem oil silk protein that moisturizes the hair and reduces frizz.
- Like all other products from SheaMoisture, this also contains Shea Butter for curly hair and control frizz. On application, the spray leaves your hair shiny. It also softens your hair and offers a medium hold.
- Lightweight formula
- Hibiscus and coconut formula
Using hair spray is the most common way to style your hair. Most hair spray products can hold your hair for a long time, all day. Their formula comes in numerous strengths and varieties to fit different types of hairs and for various functions. However, their formula should be flexible to hold the hair in position without making it tough (unless you choose a freeze hair spray).
With the best organic hair spray, you are sure to get the benefits of a hair spray without drying your hair or making it tough. Organic sprays also do not cause skin irritations.
You do not have to try all the products above, pick two or three that match your hair type and the effect you need. You can choose the Ennovia All-Natural Hair Spray or the Edenis Rainforest Dry Oil Hair Mist – two organic hair sprays that work for all types of hair and different hair conditions. The sprays have a lightweight formula for easy application. They can nourish the hair, strengthen it, and style it. Each of the sprays is free from chemicals such as parabens, phthalates, and many more. They are also vegan and cruelty-free.