Table of Contents
- What Is the Difference Between Natural and Organic Hair Gels?
- Why Choose Organic Hair Gel?
- Pre-Purchase Considerations for Best Organic Hair Gel
- Best Organic Shampoo for Hair Growth
- Best Organic Shampoo for Kids
- 12 Best Organic Hair Gels
- #1 Andalou Naturals Sunflower and Citrus Styling Gel
- #2 Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Styling Gel
- #3 GIOVANNI L.A. Firm Hold Styling Gel
- #4 Nature's Brand Organic Hair Gel
- #5 Simple Suds Co. All-Natural Hair Styling Gel
- #6 Little Roseberry Hair Gel for Kids
- #7 Fresh Monster Natural Styling Gel for Kids and Babies
- #8 Amara Beauty Aloe Vera Gel
- #9 Mary Taylor Naturals Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- #10 Kate Blanc Cosmetics Aloe Vera Gel
- #11 iQ Natural Aloe Vera Gel
- #12 BioSilk Organic Coconut Gel
- Final thoughts
Your scalp is the most absorbent part of your skin – it absorbs up to four times more chemicals than any other part of your skin. Therefore, if you use hair gel products filled with chemicals, so much ends up into your scalp, and the damage can be fatal. Why not choose the best organic hair gel to keep your hair and the skin beneath it healthy?
Conventional hair gel products might contain chemicals such as phthalates, parabens, formaldehyde, and propylene. Lucky for you, there are so many hair gel products to choose from. The best natural hair gel will not only style your hair the way you want but also protect you from the adverse effects of chemicals.
I created a list of the top organic hair gel products on the market, so you never have to try hundreds of gels to find the right one.
What Is the Difference Between Natural and Organic Hair Gels?
Organic and natural products sound the same, but they are not similar. The best organic hair gel products come with a formula with ingredients from an organic farm. This means that, if a gel uses Aloe Vera, the manufacturer farms the Aloe Vera organically. Organic farmers do not expose their products to chemicals from the time of planting and even after harvesting. These products lack exposure to herbicides, inorganic fertilizers, and pesticides unless these are plant-based pesticides.
Natural products, most of them anyway, have plant-based ingredients that may not be organic. They also have other elements such as salts and clay, which are not organic. Although the best natural hair gel is almost as healthy as an organic hair gel, it is best to go with a purely organic option.
Why Choose Organic Hair Gel?
The best organic hair gel products have no chemicals or other ingredients that might harm your hair's health. Instead of chemicals such as parabens, they contain natural oils such as coconut oil, tea tree oil, and Aloe Vera juice. By using organic gels, you get the following benefits:
Pre-Purchase Considerations for Best Organic Hair Gel
Not all products labeled "Organic" or "Natural" are suitable for your skin. Some products are also not organic, and all they have are labels. When shopping, consider the following:
12 Best Organic Hair Gels
- Gel features a sunflower and tangerine oils formula. This formula brightens your hair tone while invigorating your follicles. It also reduces static electricity on your hair, softens your hair, and shields against humidity.
- The citrus ingredient in the gel enhances the shine of your hair while the sunflower oil nourishes and conditions the hair. This makes your hair flexible and robust, with less frizz.
- Each hair gel product features all-organic ingredients. These ingredients are non-genetically-modified, gluten-free, cruelty-free, nature-derived, and sustainable.
- All products from Andalou Natural apply fruit stem cell science where the products use natural antioxidants to protect and support skin health. Better yet, all the products are non-GMO verified as a guarantee of good quality.
- Sunflower and tangerine oil ingredients
- Features the company's proprietary ten herbs formula. This formula contains several botanical extracts with nutrients for every scalp and hair type. It is especially common among the curly hair community.
- The gel comes from tea tree essential oils, lemon tea tree oils, rosemary, lavender, geranium, and hydrolyzed soy protein, and vitamin B5. These ingredients give the gel a fresh unisex aroma and provide health benefits for your hair and scalp.
- Max Green Alchemy recommends the gel to users with the dry scalp as a result of conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein improves your hair's shine and texture, increases scalp moisture retention, and increases hair manageability and body. Vitamin B5 makes your hair flexible and enhances its moisture retention ability.
- Ten herbs formula
- The GIOVANNI L.A. Firm Hold Styling Gel grabs and holds onto the style you choose, hence the name Firm Hold. It is the strongest gel from Giovanni, allowing you to secure hair shape.
- The gel removes frizz to keep your hair straight and strong. Work the gel through dry or damp hair and style the hair as you please for a professional look.
- Its main ingredients include Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Lavender, Sunflower Seed Oil, and Thyme; all organic ingredients that help you style your hair and hold the style for a long time. It also improves shine without stripping hair color or damaging your hair. Shine is a result of the surface enhancers included in the hair gel.
- The formula is vegan-friendly and cruelty-free. As a guarantee that the product is cruelty-free, it comes with Leaping Bunny certification. Its formula is also sustainable as the ingredients are biodegradable and the packaging recyclable.
- Color safe
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Aloe Vera formula
- Comes with an all-organic formula that includes organic sweet orange oil, organic apple cider vinegar, sage herb, bilberry leaf, xanthan gum, primrose oil, rosehip oil, thyme oil, lemongrass oil, and olive oil among others.
- Its formula styles and holds your hair, so you never have to keep reapplying throughout the day. The natural oils promote the health of your hair and scalp, makes your hair flexible, enhances texture and shine, and reduces frizz.
- It comes with a citrus tree aroma that makes it an ideal unisex product. Nature's Brand recommends the formula for users with a chemical sensitive scalp, henna users, and those with color-treated hair.
- The formula is free from chemicals such as phthalates and parabens, it is non-GMO, vegan--friendly, and cruelty--free. Better yet, it comes in a sustainable package.
- Certified organic
- Sports is a lightweight formula that is easy to apply and holds the styling shape you choose all day. The gel improves your hair texture and strength without drying the hair or leaving you with a sticky feel.
- All ingredients are natural to promote your hair and scalp health. It is free from parabens, phthalates, dye, and synthetic fragrances.
- Simple Suds Co. recommends the gel for sensitive scalp and color-treated hair. With an alcohol-free formula, users will not experience scalp irritation.
- The manufacturer ensures the gel is gluten-free, plastic-free, vegan-friendly, and cruelty-free.
- All-natural ingredients
- Alcohol and gluten-free
- Non-sticky formula
- Little Roseberry gel has a formula that makes it ideal for kid's hair. The formula contains 100-percent organic Aloe Vera juice blended with Witch Hazel to promote your hair's health. Further, the recipe comes packed with vitamins to protect the kid's delicate hair.
- Instead of using water, the gel uses Aloe Vera Juice, so you have a creamy formula for hair and scalp health. This formula is free from toxins such as parabens and sulfates, synthetic fragrances, and dye. It is also cruelty-free and vegan friendly.
- The formula works better with kids, but can also be used by all family members. However, it has a light hold when used by adult family members.
- Aloe Vera formula
- Comes in a sustainable packaging and a light formula for use by kids and babies. Anyone can use the gel, but it does not offer enough hold as other gels for adults.
- It is ideal for the sensitive skins of kids and babies. Its light formula holds hairstyle for babies, makes the hair flexible, improves hair texture, and enhances the moisture retention ability of the scalp and hair. It also reduces frizz.
- The formula is free from toxins such as sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, dyes, and parabens. Furthermore, it comes with a certificate of cruelty--free from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, PETA.
- According to Fresh Monster, a dermatologist tested and approved the gel for safety on sensitive skin.
- All-natural formula
- Dermatologist tested
- This product comes with up to 99.75 percent cold-pressed organic Aloe Vera. Food-grade preservatives take the remaining percentage.
- With an Aloe Vera Formula, users can expect moisturized skin, firm hold, and shinier and healthier hair. Amara Beauty recommends this gel for dry, itchy, and sunburned skin. It can be used as a leave-in conditioner or as an aftershave or post-waxing treatment to soothe irritated skin.
- The formula contains no alcohol, synthetic fragrance, or added color. It is also parabens, phthalates, and sulfates free.
- This gel has a relatively thin consistency that spreads quickly and absorbs within a few seconds to give your hair a silky smooth feel.
- Aloe Vera Formula
- Food-grade preservatives
- Vegan-friendly and Cruelty-free
- Comes in a massive 4-ounce container that you can use for a long time. Its pure Aloe Vera formula makes it ideal for use on dry, itchy, and sunburned skin and hair. Besides styling your hair, it promotes the health, texture, and moisture retention ability of the hair.
- This cold-pressed Aloe Vera gel stimulates the skin to produce new skin cells for natural healing. It also soothes irritated skin. Like other Aloe Vera products, you can use this as an aftershave product or as post-waxing treatment, making it one of the best organic hair gel products on the market.
- The formula comes free of paraben, hexane, phthalates, and sulfates. It is also cruelty-free and vegan friendly.
- Pure Aloe Vera Formula
- Gel is pure and all-organic. It is ideal when you need to soothe irritated skin after shaving or waxing. Besides using it to style your hair, the gel also moisturizes your skin and helps you fight skin conditions such as acne.
- The formula is rich in vitamin A, B vitamins, and vitamin E. It also contains choline and folic acid to enhance the health of your skin.
- After use, this gel hydrates and softens your scalp and your hair. Unlike other organic products, Aloe Vera is less sticky and absorbs fast. Better yet, the product also features a little jojoba oil to heal sunburned skin and hair further.
- The gel is relatively watery for easy application.
- Organic Aloe Vera formula
- Rich in Vitamins
- Rich in Choline and Folic acid
- It is an ideal product if you have dry, itchy, and sensitive skin. The gel soothes your skin and scalp to keep you healthy at all times. Because the gel contains all-natural ingredients, it absorbs fast into your skin to soothe it and promote good health.
- iQ Naturals recommends using this gel for hydrating, improving hair texture, increasing shine, and making the hair flexible.
- It comes with a thin consistency that makes it easy to apply, less sticky, and with a firm hold, making this one of the best natural hair gel products.
- The formula is free of chemicals such as parabens, phthalates, and sulfates, among others.
- Aloe Vera formula
- Vegan Friendly
- The BioSilk Organic Coconut Gel comes with an organic coconut formula that helps you style not only your hair but also heals your skin and your scalp. It comes with the consistency of a cream that feels light to apply and also absorbs fast.
- It is ideal for shining dull hair, reconditioning dry and damaged hair, and promoting the health of your hair.
- BioSilk recommends the formula for curly hair as it can control and define them.
- The formula is free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and other toxins. This makes it an ideal choice if you have a sensitive scalp or you have infections such as eczema that need healing.
- Coconut formula
You do not have to try out every product on the list above. You can try two or three and pick one that meets your needs. Some formulae are ideal for healing your scalp if you have conditions such as eczema; these include coconut, natural plant oils, and Aloe Vera formulae. There are also formulae for dry hair, sensitive scalp and skin, curly hair, and much more. Your hair type and skin type will determine the formula that works best for you.
The best organic hair gel, according to my review, is the Andalou Naturals Sunflower and Citrus Styling Gel, which sports a sunflower and citrus oil formula. It is ideal for all types of hair and all types of skin. It not only helps you style the hair but also heal skin and promote overall skin health. The Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Styling Gel is another excellent organic hair gel when you need a versatile gel for whole family use. Its formula has several botanical extracts to help style your hair and promotes skin health.